Osteopathy & Acupuncture
Professional & personal biography of Yasin TayebjeeQualifications
|University of Coventry||M-level Acupuncture module||2010|
|Oxford Brookes University||BSc (Hons) Osteopathy– 2(i)||2004- 2009|
|British School of Osteopathy||Acupuncture certification||2008|
|University of Coventry||Diploma (HE) Physiotherapy – Merit||2002-2004|
|University of Manchester||BSc (Hons) Biological Science – 2(i)||1999-2002|
Registered with the General Osteopathic Council. Registration number 13\7228\f
|Town Osteopath||Owner and clinician||2006 – present|
|College of Naturopathic Medicine
university of Worcester
|Lead lecturer (Biomedicine)
Sessional Lecturer – sports therapy
|2012 – 2015
|South Charnwood NHS||Consultant osteopath (Band 8c-d)||2010-2011|
Professional & personal biography of Yasin Tayebjee
- Initiating and chairing an ergonomic collaborative between Leeds Infirmary & Leeds University. Objectively evaluating the biomechanical forces in invasive cardiologists in-situ, with a view of designing and introducing cost effective equipment to objectively reduce and/or redistribute forces.
- Undertaking a self-devised, managed and implemented project in conjunction with the GP chair of South Charnwood Primary Care Trust. Treating a range of musculoskeletal injuries. Audits have shown that in certain situations I am 3-4 times quicker than current recommended guidelines (N.I.C.E) in achieving excellent results, and have a particular skill in helping chronic conditions.
- In the process of designing a further lead-on study to evaluate the outcome of specific conditions with markers ranging from: co-morbidities and previous treatments.
Skills & proficiencies
- Joint manipulation & Soft tissue manipulation.
- Ultrasound & Electrotherapy (EMS, TENS, Faradic).
- Orthotic prescription (off-the-shelf, semi-bespoke, custom moulded).
- Biomechanical analysis (athletes and general public).
- Developing and implementing injury prevention strategies for athletes and the general public.
- Exercise rehabilitation; including teaching of injury management (philosophy, anatomy, physiology, technique) to personal trainers, as well as creating and monitoring tailor made rehabilitation programmes.
- With an interest in sociology and women’s rights, I have volunteered my services to an organisation called ‘Social Enterprise Development Initiative’. Here I was involved in both advising and editing a report intended to support policy makers involved in socioeconomic deprivation within ethnic minority groups in Manchester
- I enjoy exercising both indoors and outdoors. I have created my own little gym in my clinic, in-between patients I can usually be found swinging from my chin-up bar or a quick burst of functionally training with free weights. I do enjoy teaching exercise routines to friends and family
- Spending time with friends and family
I graduated from Loughborough University in 2017 with a degree in Sport and Exercise Science. Since graduating, I have become a qualified ITEC Level 3 Sports Masseuse, and gained certificates in Sports Taping and Kinesiology Taping.I have always been very passionate about maintaining my own personal fitness levels. I am a former footballer- having attended training camps with Wales u19 national team, before representing Loughborough University 1st team for three years. I was also a Ballroom and Latin national champion between 2009-2014. My sporting career means that during each of my treatments, I can combine my intuitive attributes with my professional skills to create tailored treatment for each of my patients.I am fortunate enough to work closely with the senior osteopath at TownOsteo, Yasin. I am very excited to be mentored by a clinician who is able to give me help and advice whenever I may need it. Not only does this aid my development, but I can be confident that my patients are receiving the best care possible. Yasin will also be helping me undergo further training and development to become a clinician, which in turn, benefits the patients I work with.